Somerbys IT continue to enjoy success and as a result we are looking to recruit a highly talented, ambitious and motivated person to join our team as an IT Consultant/Support Engineer. Somerbys IT are a highly successful forward thinking IT company that are looking to grow and are therefore seeking someone who can help us along on that journey. Full details of this fantastic career opportunity below.
Position: IT Consultant/Support Engineer
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Start Date: September/October 2016
Salary: £20-25k, dependent upon experience
Job Type: Permanent
The candidate will be working for an established, dynamic, service driven IT support and consultancy business based in Leicester. The role would be focused towards working on 1st/2nd/3rd line technical support, field engineering and implementation projects.
Your duties will include:
- Providing 1st/2nd/3rd line technical support via phone and e-mail to support end-users, hardware and infrastructure remotely and on-site
- Installation and configuration of computers, networking, servers, software and other hardware both in-house and on-site
- Responding to enquiries from clients and help resolve any hardware or software problems via advanced troubleshooting
- Supporting users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary advice and explain how the functions of the system work
- Visiting customer sites for scheduled maintenance and extended technical support
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles working within strict SLAs
- Taking ownership of user problems and being pro-active when dealing with user issues and logging each query
Candidates must have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience working within a technical support role with at least 3 years’ at a more senior level that included more advanced installation projects
- Providing superior customer support both on the phone and in person
- All versions of Microsoft Windows client and all versions of Microsoft Office
- Industry standard antivirus and backup technologies (Sophos, Symantec, ARCserve, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of networking including routers, firewalls, wireless and switches
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 and other Microsoft Windows server/cloud technologies (administration and configuration of)
- Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and other networking protocols
- Microsoft MCP/MCTS/MCITP/MCSA type qualifications
- Cisco routing and networking hardware (qualification such as CCNA desirable)
- VMware and virtualization in general
- Full/clean UK driving license and use of own car
The ambitious individual needs to be both focused and dedicated with a positive customer focused “can do” attitude, and with a proven track record in IT support. There is excellent potential for great prospects in career progression, as you help us take the business to new heights.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please send CV and covering introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you think we should hire you?
Please note, due to large volumes of applicants, only those successfully short listed will be contacted. If you have not been contacted please presume you have been unsuccessful.